What should I pack?
- Prescription medications in original bottle with prescription legible in English. If medication is administered differently than what the bottle indicates, then a separate physician prescription must accompany the medicine.
- Vitamins and herbal products must have written instructions by parent/guardian or physician, legible written in English, or they will not be administered.
- Over-the-counter medications need written instructions by parent/guardian or physician, legibly written in English, or they will not be administered.
All of the above items will be collected and dispensed by our nursing staff. Trainees are not permitted to self-medicate, without prior approval from a staff nurse.
Bed linens will be provided for weeklong campers.
- Spending money for vending machines - $1 denominations
- Combination padlock (Please ensure trainee knows how to operate the lock.)
- Bug Spray
- Toiletries: soap, deodorant, shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrush
- Towels and washcloths
- Hair brush/comb
- Flip flops or shower shoes
- Casual clothes (see dress code)
- Climate appropriate outerwear (jacket/rain poncho
- Socks and athletic shoes (closed-toe shoes)
- Zip lock bags for dirty clothes
- Lip balm for chapped or wind-burned lips
- Water bottle
- Backpack or day pack
- Swimwear and towel for water activity
- During the months of November - February, please bring a jacket, sweatshirt or coat, gloves and hat
- For Groups attending in late May – September, please bring sunscreen.